general discussion forum

Ways to recover a damaged VMDK

Ways to recover a damaged VMDK

by Sku Tufik -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings to all forum members! I am facing the problem of VMDK file system corruption in my virtual machine. What methods are there to recover data from a corrupted VMDK, and what are the best programs to work with? I will be grateful for any advice and recommendations on this issue.

Re: Ways to recover a damaged VMDK

by Rika svednkdvndvlksv -
Hi! VMDK file system corruption can be a nasty problem, but there are solutions for data recovery. One of the most effective methods is to use DiskInternals VMFS Recovery software. This is a powerful tool specifically designed to recover data from VMware file systems. I would recommend starting by downloading this program and performing a scan of your corrupted VMDK to find lost files and corrupted vmdk repair. Also remember to backup your data regularly to avoid similar problems in the future.

Re: Ways to recover a damaged VMDK

by Lysii Arasa -
In addition, when working with DiskInternals VMFS Recovery, it is important to remember that the faster you start the recovery process, the higher the probability of a successful result. It is also recommended to save the recovered data on another medium to avoid corrupting and overwriting it. I hope these tips will help you to solve the problem of recovering corrupt VMDK.